Do you sit looking at a blank computer screen dreading the thought of starting? In the first of our Writing for results courses, a light-hearted, interactive workshop, you can learn how to approach each workplace writing task with confidence and skill.
This highly practical course gives you the essential skills for business writing. It offers techniques for writing to different readers and helps you clarify your purpose in writing.
You’ll learn how to:
overcome writer’s block
- identify purpose
- analyse your readers
- plan for a clear, logical structure
- use the kind of language needed in business writing
- write for someone else’s signature
- invite your readers into a document and finish strongly
- understand how people read and process information
- write more quickly
- write more concisely.
After doing this course, you will:
feel less frustrated and confused about writing at work
- be able to identify and target your audience
- plan quickly, write quickly, edit slowly
- get results from your writing
- know where to go for more help with writing.
This course will suit you if you are new to business writing or if you have been working for some time but have done very little writing until now. If you hate writing, but know you need it for promotion, it is the right course for you—but you’ll enjoy it if you like writing as well.
During this course, you will be writing, talking, asking questions you aren’t game to ask at work, getting feedback and having fun. Why wouldn’t you do it?
If you would like to find out more about Writing for results, or to make a booking, contact me here.