You manage a team of experts, who have to present their work professionally in writing. They may be business analysts, lawyers, engineers, policy officers, town planners, project officers or nurses and they know their business—but they are struggling to write as quickly, concisely and accurately as you need them to.
You may find you are rewriting work or making basic corrections to spelling and punctuation. In other words, your staff are delegating the writing task upwards and you need to reverse the process.
This workshop with experienced writers and facilitators will help you take back your role as leader of the writing process.
It will help you:
- clarify the writing standards in your organisation and in general business writing
- communicate those standards to your staff
- learn how to help writers think and plan before they write
- learn techniques for working effectively with templates
- learn techniques for writing quickly and concisely
- learn effective ways to provide feedback on writing
- stop upwards delegation of writing tasks.
This course will free you up to do your real job and help you give your staff confidence in their writing skills.
How long is this course? It depends on you. We design it for your workplace and the types of documents you work on. We can give you some helpful tips in a two-hour workshop but some organisations choose a half-day or even a full-day course to skill their managers in all the same writing skills as the staff.
Your facilitators have worked as senior managers in business or government and will have many years of practical experience in supporting workplace writers and editors.
This is a unique opportunity to develop your leadership skills in a critical business task.
If you would like to find out more about the Leading the writing process workshop, or to make a booking, contact me here.