We have many years' experience running writing workshops and providing individual coaching for government and business clients.
Ask us to tailor training specifically for your needs or choose from some of these popular courses:
Communicating in writing: getting the basics right
- What everyone should know before they start to write. Includes analysis of audience and purpose, plain English, overcoming writer's block, planning, paragraph construction, common mistakes and how to deal with them. A lively, interactive day which gives practical results for the workplace.
- Techniques for arguing a case and for structuring persuasive submissions, business cases, proposals and reports.This is a course for people who want their writing to make a difference.
English as a second language – grammar essentials
- Designed for people who speak and write in English but struggle with our complex system of grammar. Includes tenses, subject-verb agreement, punctuation and many oddities of English expression. Can be delivered in two half-days.
Writing for the Minister
- For public sector organisations. How to write briefs and letters that get quick approval from the Minister.
Answering customer complaints
- For any government or private organisations who want to deal fairly and courteously with clients who complain, and to finish the matter quickly and professionally.
Writing for the media
- For people in communication teams or PR firms who want to update their skills in finding the news angle, crafting a media release, understanding how the newsroom works and how journalists think, and on writing for their audience.
- This course is delivered in conjunction with renowned communication consultant, Joan Wilson-Jones. It offers both the personal and the writing skills needed to draft documents for someone else's signature, without frustrating rewriting
Maximising your personal influence
- Also delivered with Joan Wilson-Jones, this is a one-day foray into the communication skills that maximise personal impact and ensure our voices are heard. Many valuable ideas are lost in organisations because people don't believe they can influence others. This workshop supports participants to construct and deliver ideas and suggestions that make a positive difference.
- A quick reminder of some tips that make writing easier and more fun.
Writing: Master class
- Designed for good writers who want to give their writing an edge. We survey participants before the class to find out what they specifically need.
Edit and polish
- Proofreading and editing of your writing and the writing of others. We offer a methodical system that anyone can follow, for clean, error-free writing.
Grammar for grown-ups
- A refresher course on all the grammar we're supposed to know (but most of us don't).
- Tips for those who aren't web masters.
Grammar for people with English as a second language
- Highly qualified people may struggle with writing for work if English is their second language. An understanding of some of the finer points of English grammar can sometimes make a difference to their ease and confidence in writing well.